At this moment, somewhere, a potential customer is searching for your product. But, who will they find first – your company or your competitor? What are you doing to stay ahead of the pack? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Marketing!
Let us look at a few tips on how to market your products online with the help of SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Strategic Planning
- Defining your target audience(s), identifying their needs and motivations and highlighting how your products can serve these needs.
- Identify your top competitors and your company’s competitive advantage.
- Choose the best keyword phrases
- Keyword researches the foundation of successful search engine marketing. Choose phrases that are not only relevant to your business, but also ones that are searched most often by your target customers. Make sure they are personalized and data-driven.
- Group your keywords for more effective search engine marketing.
- Brainstorm about potential terms your customers use when thinking about your products.
- There are keyword research tools provided by Google Adwords, Moz, SEMrush, HubSpot, etc. to create a list of highly searched terms that will drive targeted traffic to your Website.
- Website-optimization for search
- Make sure you skilfully write your Website copy to effectively market your company, while using your important keyword phrases in a relevant fashion.
- Focus on your Website structure. Ensure that your website content gets indexed by the top search engines Google and Bing. Also, use your keyword phrases relevantly in page title tags, heading tags, file names, alt tags and meta tags.
- Commit to ongoing, iterative by continuously updating and improving your search campaigns.
- Link building involves gaining links to your website from other websites that are frequented by your targeted visitors. The more quality inbound links you have, the more popular your site.
- Good content attracts links, so fill your Website with interesting and informative content, a blog about developments and trends in your industry, etc. Leverage online public relations and distribute press releases and articles online.
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) in the advertised links search results offers a compelling ROI-driven marketing opportunity. In PPC you only pay if someone clicks on your ad and visits your website, providing a compelling “pay for performance” mode of advertising.
- Google offers a number of services that allow you to quickly boost your company’s exposure in search results.
- You must measure success to see how well you performed in the past, as well as identify actionable strategies to improve your results in the future. On a regular basis, check your position in Google and Bing for your most important keyword phrases to see how well you are trending
What you get out of Web Marketing is what you have put into it, so pull up your socks and get going!